The Board comprises 15 Directors including three executive Directors, seven non-executive Directors and five independent non-executive Directors with a term of three years, subject to re-election and reappointment. Responsibilities of the Board include but are not limited to:
1. executing resolutions passed at Shareholders’ general meetings and reporting to the Shareholders;
2. determining our operation and investment plans;
3. formulating our financial and capital plans;
4. determining our internal management structure and formulating fundamental management rules;
5. appointing and dismissing members of senior management and determining their remunerations, rewards and penalties;
6. reviewing toll rates, toll collection methods and related adjustments proposed by our general manager; and
7. exercising other functions and powers empowered by relevant laws, regulations and the Articles of Association.
The Supervisory Committee of our Company consists of eight members, including three employee Supervisors, three shareholder representative Supervisors and two independent Supervisors with a term of three years, subject to re-election and reappointment. Responsibilities of the Supervisory Committee include but are not limited to:
1. reviewing regular reports of our Company prepared by the Board;
2. inspecting our financial position;
3. supervising Directors and senior management in respect of their performance of duties, and requesting them to rectify any actions which prejudice against our interests; and
4. exercising other functions and powers empowered by relevant laws, regulations and the Articles of Association.
aged 53, is currently an executive Director, the deputy general manager and a member of the party committee of the Company. He concurrently serves as a director of Qilu Expressway(Hong Kong) Company Limited, a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Company, and the head of the Construction Office of the Reconstruction and Expansion Project of the Jihe Section of the Jiguang Expressway of the Company.
aged 54, currently is an independent non-executive Director of the Company. He also serves as an assistant general manager of Hualu Holdings Co., Ltd (華魯控股集團有限公司) and vice chairman of the board of directors and general manager of China Shandong Group Limited (華魯集團有限公司), a director of Hualu International Financial Leasing Co., Ltd. (華魯國際融資租賃有限公司) and a director of Hualu Investment Development Co., Ltd. (華魯投資發展有限公司).
aged 67, is currently an independent non-executive Director of the Company. He concurrently serves as an independent non-executive Director of China International Marine Containers (Group) Co., Ltd (a company listed on the Stock Exchange, stock code: 02039), and a company listed on the Shenzhen Stock Exchange, stock code: 000039).